Currawarna is a rural community in the central east part of the Riverina. It is situated by road, about 6 kilometres north west from Millwood and 32 kilometres south from Coolamon. At the 2006 census, Currawarna had a population of 248 people.
The place name Currawarna is derived from the Wiradjuri aboriginal language meaning "pine tree".
Currawarna Post Office opened on 1 August 1899 and closed in 1979.