Farley is a rural village in the City of Maitland in the Hunter Region of New South Wales, Australia. Early settler Captain Emanuel Hungerford arrived in New South Wales in 1828 before purchasing an established 2,000 acres (810 ha) property named Lochdon. Here he built a homestead he called Farley House, from which Farley takes its name, after his ancestral home of Farleigh Hungerford, Somerset. The village is bordered to the north by the Main North railway line, and a station served the surrounding area from 1860 until 1975. The Farley Wastewater Treatment Works is located in a rural area south of the village.