Girilambone is a small village in western New South Wales, Australia. It is located north of Nyngan and 666 km north-west of Sydney. It took its name from an Aboriginal word meaning 'place of many stars'. The railway station, opened in 1884 and closed in 1986. The spelling of the station's name was altered to its current form from 'Giralambone' in 1889. The disused station buildings survive in poor condition. Nearby copper mines pre-date the railway station and therefore copper mining is the prime reason for the existence of the settlement.