Kamarah, is a village community in the central north part of the Riverina. It is situated by road, about 11 kilometres west from Ardlethan and 12 kilometres east from Moombooldool. At the 2006 census, Kamarah had a population of 130 people.
Kamarah was previously named By Goo. Its current name comes from the local Aboriginal word for 'sleep'.
Bygoo Post Office opened on 2 December 1910, was renamed Kamarah next year and closed in 1986.
The railway line in 1908. The station closed in 1975 however the line remains open for goods trains.