Sandy Hollow is a small rural town in New South Wales, Australia in Muswellbrook Shire. The town is located on the Golden Highway in the far west of the Upper Hunter Region, about 260 km north of Sydney.
It is located around halfway between Denman and Merriwa, 1 km west of the intersection of the Golden Highway and the Bylong Valley Way. It is the junction point of the Merriwa and Sandy Hollow – Ulan railway lines, and a railway station was open between 1917 and 1973.
Services currently provided include a hotel, caravan park with pool, a service station and combined post office agency which sells eat in and takeaway meals. It also has a community hall, a small public school, sculpture surrounded coffee house and emporium selling gift ware. It is situated close to the Goulburn River and the nearby Giants Creek flows close to the town.