Tingira Heights is a suburb of City of Lake Macquarie in New South Wales, Australia, 16 kilometres (10 mi) south-west of Newcastle's central business district on the eastern side of Lake Macquarie. It was developed in the 1960s.
Tingira is the name of an aboriginal tribe on the NSW / Qld border, which means "open sea". A ship of the same name was Australia's first naval training vessel in 1912 and was decommissioned in 1941. In 1965 the H.M.A.S Tingira Old Boys Association asked to have a town named after the ship, and the name was adopted by the Violet Town Progress Association. Tingara is an alternative spelling.