Gregory is a small town located near the Gregory River in the Shire of Burke, Queensland, Australia. The town had a population of 40 people in 2008 and is situated on the banks of the perennial Gregory River. The Gregory River was named by explorer William Landsborough on 19 November 1861, after Augustus Charles Gregory explorer and first Surveyor General of Queensland.
Gregory Post Office opened on 2 May 1878 and closed in 1894.
The town has a hotel that was originally built in the 1900s to accommodate travellers using the coach service to nearby Burketown. Previously the hotel also served as a post for the mounted police. The town itself is built on the homestead site of the historic Gregory Downs station, one of the first pastoral properties to be established in the Gulf Country, and was named Gregory Downs. In 2013, the town was renamed from Gregory Downs to Gregory.