Show headings starting with: A | B | C | D | E | F | H | L | P | S | T
Proclaimed in 1884, this quiet little town at the northern end of the Yorke Peninsula caters for the needs of the surrounding agricultural and pastoral districts. Local industry includes the manufacture of farm machinery and a working tannery. The name of Bute comes from Bute Island, which is in the Firth of Clyde, Scotland.
A picnic area with a fauna park housing native and other animals is located at the eastern end of Railway Terrace. Barbecues and a children's playground are located opposite in Railway Reserve. An old well on the Kulpara Road, used for watering stock in times past, is now of historic interest.