Coulta is a settlement on Eyre Peninsula in South Australia. The township is adjacent to the Flinders Highway, and the bounded locality extends to the coast on the western side of the peninsula, facing the Great Australian Bight. Coulta was named in 1877, derived from a 'native name of a spring "Koolta"'.
The area of Coulta was occupied by pastoralists in the 1840s including William Spence Peter at Warrow Station in 1846. It was probably the territory of the Nauo people of Indigenous Australians before this.