Dutton is a settlement in South Australia. The small township lies approximately 6 km north of Truro on the Eudunda Road. It was first laid out in 1866 and lots were advertised for sale in the German-language newspaper Südaustralische Zeitung on October 10, 1866. It was named "Dutton" in honour of Francis Dutton, the seventh Premier of South Australia. The township originally had two churches. St John's Lutheran Church was built in 1871 and originally served other Christian denominations also. Services are still held there regularly. A Congregational Church was built in 1879. This closed in 1958 and is now a private home.
Dutton School opened in 1880 and closed in 1903. Dutton North School, built on the Levi's Water Hole property near the boundary with Frankton, opened in 1914 and closed in 1927. It also once had a Lutheran school.
The historic former St John's Lutheran Manse and Blacksmith's Shop and Dwelling are listed on the South Australian Heritage Register.