Hansborough is a locality along the former Morgan railway line adjacent to the Thiele Highway, in South Australia's Mid North region. It is situated 9 kilometres south-west of Eudunda and 18 kilometres north-east of Kapunda. The Light River runs through the locality.
The town was originally surveyed in July 1865 and is named after early pastoralist and overlander Frederick Hansborough Dutton (1812-1890), who founded Anlaby Station, near Kapunda. Today it is virtually a ghost town, with a number of ruins at the site.
The Hundred of Neales School, later Freshwater Creek School, opened in 1927 in a former manager's residence on the Kingscourt property and closed in 1940.