Kingston On Murray (formerly Thurk and Kingston O.M.) is a town on the south bank of the Murray River in the Riverland region of South Australia. It was named after Charles Kingston who was Premier of South Australia from 1893-99. At the 2006 census, the town had a population of 257.
The town was surveyed in January 1915 and originally proclaimed as Thurk on 21 November 1918. The town's name was changed from Thurk to Kingston O.M. in 1940. The name was altered at the request of residents from Kingston O.M. to Kingston On Murray in March 1994. Erratum published in Government Gazette 24 November 1994 to correct the incorrect use of hyphens in the original Notice to Assign.