Littlehampton is a small town in the Adelaide Hills of South Australia. At the 2011 census, Littlehampton had a population of 2,748.
Littlehampton was laid out in 1849 by Benjamin Gray who named it after his native town in Sussex. By 1890 Littlehampton had become a busy industrial area. There were factories producing bricks, jam, sauces, bacon, wattle extract, a brewery and a sawmill.
Today Littlehampton Bricks continues operation, manufacturing high quality clay building bricks and pavers, as well as a range of refractory and insulating bricks. It was established in 1913 developing from another brickyard – Coppins – which was on the other side of the road.
The 1862 church on Main Street is one of the oldest church buildings in the state still in use.