Moolawatana Station mostly referred to as Moolawatana is a pastoral lease operating as a cattle station in South Australia.
The property is situated approximately 139 kilometres (86 mi) east of Lyndhurst, South Australia and 227 kilometres (141 mi) west of Tibooburra, New South Wales.
The property occupies an area of 1,900 square kilometres (734 sq mi) and is known as the Skeleton Block after all of the area it has shed over time. Moolawatana stretches from east to west, unusual in South Australia, as its northern boundary abuts the Dog-proof fence. It straddles the north eastern tip of the Flinders Ranges and its outwash plains. The ephemeral Hamilton Creek runs through the property.
The property was originally taken up by William Warwick in 1853 along with Holowiliena Station.
A fire at the station in 1896 destroyed between 120-130 bales of wool and the wagons it was being carted on, the cause of the fire was not known.
Heavy rains caused flooding along Hamilton Creek in 1903, 3 inches (76 mm) of rain feel at nearby Mount Freeling over the course of a few days.
Moolawatana was passed in at auction for £13,500 in 1935. The property was owned at the time by Neil McGilp and sons, who had acquired the leasehold in 1880. It was sold later the same year to Messrs A.J. and P.A. McBride of the Wilgena Pastoral Company for £15,000 along with the 6,700 sheep and 20 horses that the property was stocked with. The 448 square miles (1,160 km2) station adjoined Wooltana Station.
The McBrides sold the property in 1947 to the Leslie Brothers of Mount Fitton Station, which adjoins Moolawatana to the west.