Mundowdna Station most commonly known as Mundowdna is a pastoral lease that operates as a cattle station in north east South Australia.
It is situated about 20 kilometres (12 mi) south east of Marree and 62 kilometres (39 mi) north of Lyndhurst along the Frome River.
The lease for a run was first taken out in 1859 by T. and A. Matthews.
The name of the station is Aboriginal in origin and is taken from a water hole found in the area. The Governor of South Australia visited the area during a severe drought in 1859. E. Chapman established Mundowdna in 1860. Shortly afterward the property, along with neighbouring St. Stephen's Pond were owned by the Matthews brothers who complained about Aborigines killing their stock in 1863.
Edgar Chapman was in possession of Mundowdna in 1880 and had it stocked with cattle selling 600 head in two lots at the Adelaide market. Chapman advertised to auction the property in 1883 when it was stocked with 4500 head of cattle and 150 horses and took up an area of 1,212 square miles (3,139 km2). Presumably the property sold and was owned by Edward Russell in 1886 who kept it until at least 1893. By 1896 the property was owned by Frank Whyte. The property was still owned by John Whyte and his nephew Frank Whyte in 1891 and was about 800 square miles (2,072 km2) in area. Cattle and sheep had both been stocked on the property to this time.
In 1904 the property was put up for auction following the dissolution of a partnership where one partner, John Whyte, died.