North Shields is a town on the east coast of Eyre Peninsula, overlooking Boston Bay in Spencer Gulf in South Australia. In 2011 it had a population of 503. It is 11 km (6.8 mi) north of Port Lincoln.
The Lincoln Highway runs north-south through the town. The Port Lincoln Airport is located at North Shields, close to its boundary with Point Boston. A postal receiving office at North Shields opened on 13 August 1908. It was upgraded to a post office in April 1910, but from 2 April 1993 has existed as a Community Postal Agent operating out of the Port Lincoln Caravan Park on Lincoln Highway. North Shields formerly had a primary school; however, this closed, with the Port Lincoln Lions Club Hostel being built on the old school site in 1973.
There was a former Lutheran Aboriginal mission at North Shields from 1849 to 1853. It was associated with Reverend Clamor Wilhelm Schuermann, who had previously published a dictionary of the local Parnkalla language in 1844. Schuermann moved to the Western District of Victoria in 1853, and the mission was closed and its residents sent to the Anglican mission at Poonindie. The surviving remnants of the mission are listed on the South Australian Heritage Register as C. W. Schuermann's Mission Site.