Old Reynella is a metropolitan suburb of Adelaide, South Australia. It is located 20 km south of the Adelaide city centre in the north of the City of Onkaparinga.
The suburb is named after John Reynell, a pioneering South Australian winemaker. Reynell sold some farmland to create the town of Reynella which is the present location of the suburb Old Reynella. The Reynell name goes back to the very beginning of the wine industry in South Australia, when John Reynell planted some of the first vines in the infant colony in the area that was later to bear his name. This pioneer of the grape was born in 1809 of a Devonshire farming family. Shortly after his arrival in 1838 John Reynell established his property, situated 20 kilometres south of Adelaide and 5 kilometres east of Gulf St Vincent - the gateway to the McLaren Vale wine region.
The Reynella Winery is claimed to be the only winery in Australia that can use the name of a town as its registered brand because the winery was in existence before the town was established.
The Old Reynella area is the historical centre of the district and the original home of Reynella Primary School, before it was moved to its current site in Carew Fields in 1990. Old Reynella is also the historical home of the Hardy Wine Company.
Edge Church is located in Old Reynella at the former site of the Old Reynella Markets.