Overland Corner is a settlement on the Murray River in the Riverland area of South Australia, near Barmera and Cobdogla. The area had traditionally been used as an aboriginal camping ground and was then used by drovers taking stock from New South Wales to Adelaide.
When the New South Wales gold rush began in 1851, Overland Corner developed as a point where timber was supplied to fuel paddle steamers taking prospectors up the Murray River. A small police post was established in Overland Corner in 1855, built by Edward Bate Scott. It closed in 1894. A school was opened and remained open until at least 1904.
The historic Overland Corner Hotel was built in 1859. It closed in 1897 but still stands, reopened in 1965, at the centre of what is now the National Trust of Australia's Overland Corner Reserve. It is listed on the South Australian Heritage Register.