Pine Creek is a rural locality in the Mid North region of South Australia, situated in the Regional Council of Goyder. It was established in August 2000 when boundaries were formalised for the long established local name. Pine Creek covers the cadastral Hundred of Ketchowla in its entirety; the locality and the hundred share exactly the same boundaries.
The Hundred of Ketchowla was proclaimed by Governor William Jervois on 5 August 1880, named for an Aboriginal name of unknown origin.
It includes the homestead for Ketchowla Station. A post office at Ketchowla opened circa 1872 and closed on 30 November 1917. The Ketchowla Woolshed, Old Homestead and Outbuildings are listed on the South Australian Heritage Register.