Poonindie is a small township near Port Lincoln on the Eyre Peninsula, South Australia.
The land upon which it sits was originally the land of the Barngarla people. Poonindie was established in 1850 by the Anglican Archbishop of Adelaide Augustus Short as a mission to Aboriginal people in South Australia.
The original church survives and remains in use today. The township also survives, with a small population. The mission itself has been converted to an Aboriginal reserve and granted to the Port Lincoln Aboriginal Community Council. The land is now used as a small homeland, called Akenta.