Rosewater is one of the western suburbs of Adelaide and is located 10 km north-west of Adelaide's central business district (CBD). Although mainly residential, there are many shops along Grand Junction Road and the retired "Rosewater Loop" railway line runs through the suburb. Rosewater is split in half by Grand Junction Road and bordered on the east by Addison and on the south by Torrens Road.
Originally, the area was mainly used as vegetable and dairy farmland but became more and more residential as the railway lines and Grand Junction Road were completed and as Port Adelaide grew and developed. Rosewater was also the site of the AdelaideRadio (VIA) maritime radio station system from 1912 to 1963.