Strathalbyn is a north-eastern gateway to the Fleurieu Peninsula. It lies on the banks of the Angas River and is acknowledged as one of South Australia’s most attractive rural towns. The Rankine brothers from Scotland were the first to settle in the district in 1839. They and other Scottish settlers commenced building St Andrew’s Uniting Church overlooking the river in 1844. This lovely old building is now one of the state's most photographed country churches.
Highlights in Strathalbyn include the National Trust Museum and Station Masters Gallery‚ as well as several antique shops. The Soldiers Memorial Gardens‚ located around the Angas River in the centre of town‚ are a lovely place for a picnic.
We are busy rebuilding, the biggest change is the single search field
It's designed to fit on any screen size