Tailem Bend is a town on the Murray River in South Australia. The town was proclaimed in 1887, the year after the main railway came through. At the 2006 census, Tailem Bend had a population of 1,457.
Once often written as "Tail'em Bend", the name is a corruption of the Aboriginal name tailem which was used for the area. The word means bend and is associated with the sharp bend that the Murray River makes in this location.
It is located about 100 km south-east of Adelaide. It is located on the cliffs above the east (left) bank of the Murray River close to where the river empties into Lake Alexandrina. The Tailem Bend Ferry, a cable ferry, operates across the river to Jervois. Major industries in the area include pig farming, dairying, grain growing and Hay Exporting from a Purpose Built Facility.
Tailem Bend is also the head office of the Coorong District Council. The other two minor offices are at Meningie and Tintinara.