Wooltana Station most commonly known as Wooltana is a pastoral lease that operates as a sheep station in outback South Australia.
It is situated about 103 kilometres (64 mi) north east of Blinman and 259 kilometres (161 mi) north west of Broken Hill, on the plains between the northern end of the Flinders Ranges and Lake Frome.
The land is part of the traditional lands of the Adnyamathanha people. It has been recorded that the name 'Wooltana' is a corruption of an Aboriginal (presumably Adnyamathanha) word, 'ooltulta'. However, it is unclear what that word means.
The station contains the Paralana Hot Springs, which issue from rich veins of uranium ore. Carbon dioxide, nitrogen, radon and helium bubble forth continuously. Because the Paralana springs contain small amounts of uranium and radon, staying near the springs for a prolonged period constitutes a health hazard. Living on the floor of the springs is an extremophile algal mat that survives the warm temperatures of 62 °C and high radioactivity. The springs are listed on the South Australian Heritage Register as a designated place of geological significance.
The station was initially established by the pioneer John McTaggart who arrived in South Australia from Scotland in 1852. In 1856 McTaggart left the property near Mount Gambier where he was working and headed north with is brother in law John McCallum to search for suitable lands. Having found the plains of Wooltana he returned to Mount Gambier and drove his flock of 1,500 sheep along with his wife and four children via Port Augusta to Wooltana.