Ringarooma is a small town in north-eastern Tasmania. The district was opened up to farming in the 1860s, and the town itself was founded in 1882 when a rural property was subdivided into lots by landowner Christopher Krushka. It was initially known as Krushka Town before being renamed Ringarooma in November 1888, taking on the name of a coastal town near Bridport, which was renamed Boobyalla.
Today, Ringarooma is a small town surrounded by farming country near mountains such as Mount Victoria and Ben Lomond.
Ringarooma Post Office opened on 1 October 1874.