Armstrong (also known as Armstrongs) is a town in Victoria, Australia, located on the Western Highway, north of Ararat, in the local government area of Rural City of Ararat.
The town began as a gold-mining settlement, with a Post Office (Armstrong's) opening on 1 January 1859, and had a peak population of 516.
The Melbourne to Adelaide railway passes through the town. In 1938, Armstrong was the site of an experimental installation of a radical form of railway safeworking intended to bring about cost savings. It resulted in seven years of tortuous bureaucratic decision making.