Blackburn North (formerly North Blackburn) is a suburb of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 17 km east of Melbourne's Central Business District. Its local government area is the City of Whitehorse. At the 2011 Census, Blackburn North had a population of 7,028.
Blackburn North is a predominantly residential suburb, with wide green and leafy streets and houses on quarter acre blocks. The suburb had its start in the early 1960s, much of it being built on land formerly used as an apple orchard. North Blackburn Shopping Centre was originally known as Old Orchard Shopping Centre for this reason, as is Old Orchard Primary School today. North Blackburn Post Office opened on 2 May 1955 and was renamed Blackburn North around 1990.
Property prices have risen markedly in the last 10 years, especially since the Eastern Freeway was extended to run past the suburb.
Prior to the formation of the City of Whitehorse in 1994, Blackburn North was a part of the now defunct City of Nunawading.