Golden Point is a suburb of Ballarat, Victoria, Australia located south-east of the CBD. It is the oldest settlement in Greater Ballarat. Gold was discovered at Poverty Point on 21 August 1851 by John Dunlop and James Regan, sparking the Ballarat gold rush. Golden Point was the site of what was known as the Ballarat diggings, and for at least a decade the focal point of the original Ballarat township was Main Street. At the 2016 census, Golden Point had a population of 2,107.
Golden Point is bordered by the Yarrowee River to the west, Steinfield, Eureka and Callow Streets to the north, Larter Street to the east and Gladstone, Magpie and Elsworth Streets to the south. The topography varies, from the floodplain of Specimen Vale from Golden Point Hill (after which the suburb was named).
Golden Point is notable as the location (atop Golden Point Hill) of the Sovereign Hill Historic Park, which depicts the area around Main Street; the Observation lookout from which the Ballarat skyline can be viewed and the Ballarat Gold Museum.