Sunshine West is a suburb 13–16 km west of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Its local government area is the City of Brimbank. At the 2011 census, Sunshine West had a population of 16,743.
Sunshine West is a residential and industrial area. It is bounded by Forrest Street in the north, Kororoit Creek in the east, Boundary Road in the south and the Western Ring Road in the west.
Settlement of the area dates from the 1920s when the Sunshine Heights Estate was developed. Sunshine West Post Office opened on 1 July 1939 and closed in 1981. Significant development did not occur until the post-war years, with rapid growth from the 1970s through to the 1980s. The population declined slightly from the early 1990s, a result of some new dwellings being added to the area, but a decline in the average number of persons living in each dwelling.
Sunshine West presently features a significant ethnically diverse population, being home to many refugees and immigrant families that have settled from Europe, Asia and the Pacific.
Major features of the area include the Saint Leopold Mandić Croatian Catholic Church, West Sunshine Community Centre, Ainsworth Reserve, Buckingham Reserve, Norm Talintyre Reserve, the Australia Post Parcel Facility, the Ardeer railway station and numerous schools.