Churchlands is a suburb of Perth, Western Australia approximately 8 km north-west of the CBD within the local government area of the City of Stirling. Churchlands is an expensive suburb with most homes built after the 1980s. Its post code is 6018.
This suburb became known as "Churchlands" after being purchased by the Roman Catholic Church in 1891 from the Trigg family.
Schools in the area include Churchlands Primary School, Churchlands Senior High School, Hale School and Newman College.
It was formerly home to the Churchlands campus of Edith Cowan University, which closed in 2008. The campus had been the Churchlands Teachers College (1972-1981) and the Churchlands campus of the Western Australian College of Advanced Education (1982-1990) prior to the founding of Edith Cowan University in 1991, and was the location of the university's headquarters until 2003. The site was subsequently redeveloped as the Churchlands Green housing estate, while a small section of the site, including the campus amphitheatre, was set aside as Edith Cowan Reserve, serving as a memorial to the former campus.
On the eastern border of Churchlands is the large Herdsman Lake, which is populated by many bird, amphibian and freshwater fish species. Picnic and bird-watching areas are accessible from the suburb.