Dardanup is a small town in the South West region of Western Australia. The town is in the fertile Ferguson valley and is near the Ferguson River.
The area was first settled in 1852 by Thomas Little who named his property Dardanup Park. The word Dardanup is believed to be a variation of the Indigenous Australian word Dudingup the meaning of which is unknown.
Construction of the local Agricultural Hall commenced in 1893 by J. and H. Gibbs who had submitted the lowest tender. The Hall, constructed of Jarrah and weatherboard, was opened in 1894 by the Hon. H. W. Venn.
The population of the area was 118 (81 males and 37 females) in 1898.
Little later gave land to the Catholic Church and a community was soon established in the locale. The government acquired land in the area in the 1920s and the townsite was gazetted in 1923.