Jingalup is a town in the Great Southern region of Western Australia located between the towns of Kojonup and Cranbrook. The town is located on Murrin Brook which is a tributary of the Tone River.
The area was explored by Francis Thomas Gregory in 1846 and who first recorded the name Jingalup. The area was eventually opened to agriculture. By 1918 the local farmers requested that a townsite be declared, and proposed the name be Mybrup. A town hall which was also used as a school and a recreation ground had been built by 1922 and the community knew the area as Jingalup. The town was gazetted in 1924.
The name is Aboriginal in origin and is a contraction of the name of a nearby well, Kodjingalup Well.