Latham is a small town in the Mid West region of Western Australia.
The town is named after a large granite rock, Latham Rock, that is located close to the townsite. The rock was named after an early pastoralist in the region who established a watering place for stock being droved through the area.
The townsite originated as a result of the planned construction of the railway from Wongan Hills to Mullewa in 1913. The Public Works department decided that the area would be suitable as a railway station and a townsite. The railway opened for service in 1915 and the townsite was gazetted in 1917.
The bulk wheat bin was opened in November 1936.
The surrounding areas produce wheat and other cereal crops. The town is a receival site for Cooperative Bulk Handling.