Mount Palmer was a town in the Yilgarn shire in Western Australia. It was founded in 1934 after the discovery of gold in the area. The Mount Palmer Gold Mine operated from 1934 to 1944, when it closed due to labour shortages cause by World War II. The town's existence was entirely dependent on the mine such that when the mine closed, the town was abandoned soon after.
The first 43 town blocks were auctioned in the Southern Cross courthouse raising ₤3969, with a further 24 block auction after surveyors had reserved areas for public amenities. At its peak, the population of Mt Palmer was estimated to have exceeded 500. The town had three hotels, two-up rings, a bakery, butcher and two boarding houses.