Perenjori is a townsite in the northern agricultural region, 348 kilometres (216 mi) north of Perth and 39 kilometres (24 mi) south-east of Morawa. It is located on the Wongan Hills to Mullewa railway line which was opened in 1915. Perenjori was approved as the name of a siding in April 1913, and later that year the government decided to establish a townsite there. Perenjori townsite was gazetted in 1916.
In 1932 the Wheat Pool of Western Australia announced that the town would have two grain elevators, each fitted with an engine, installed at the railway siding.