|1 results of 1||Open Now|
Baulkham Hills is a suburb in the north-west of Sydney, in the state of New South Wales, Australia. It is 27 kilometres north-west of the Sydney central business district within the local government area of The Hills Shire, with a small portion south of the M2 Motorway in the City of Parramatta. Baulkham Hills is the administrative seat of The Hills Shire, an outer metropolitan shire within Sydney. The suburb is also the most populous within the Hills Shire. It is known colloquially as “Baulko”
Baulkham Hills is predominately a residential suburb of the Hills District, with Norwest Business Park in the northern part of the suburb. Baulkham Hills Junction is the intersection of three major roads; Windsor Road, Old Northern Road, and Seven Hills Road. It is also bound by Old Windsor Road and the North-West T-way in the west; and the Hills Motorway in the south, forming part of the National Highway.
The first land grant was made to WIlliam Joyce in 1794. The suburb was largely made up of land grants until the mid 19th century, when many of these started to be subdivided into farms. This was accelerated by the construction of the Rogans Hill Railway Line. Urban developments were expedited from the 1960s.