|1 results of 1||Open Now|
Gowrie is a locality situated 1.6km to the West of the New England Highway and approximately 29 km South of Tamworth in the New England area of New South Wales.Australia Post identifies the district as a 'Delivery Area' within NSW post code area of 2340. Australian Bureau of Statistics identifies the area as a Community with a population of 92 as at the 2016 census.The district is the area bounded by the New England Highway in the east, from Bartons Lane south to Mt. Sugarloaf. From Mt Sugarloaf the boundary follows the Peel Range in a north-westerly direction to Mt. Emblem, Mt. Heath and to where Heath Road meets the Werris Creek Road. It then follows Heath Road back to Bartons Lane, which forms the northern boundary. This is the area generally regarded as Gowrie. The land North of Gowrie between Bartons Lane and the Duri-Dungowan Road was once part of Walhallow Station, whose headquarters was at Caroona. All connections with Walhallow were severed when the last of the land not settled on, was sold off in 1910 - refer Early Settlement below.