|1 results of 1||Open Now|
Hallsville is a small satellite town of Tamworth located 12.5 km along the Manilla Road north of Tamworth. The suburb is part of the Moore Creek-Daruka-Tintinhull-Hallsville district, where settlement was historically known to start in the mid-1800s. Agriculture has been one of the major sources of livelihood in the area as well as grazing and crop production.
The town is named after John Hall who came to the area in 1877 with his wife Jane (née Gulliver) after they married in Maitland, NSW.
John was instrumental in establishing the Hallsville Methodist Church in 1894.