|1 results of 1||Open Now|
Hamilton South is a suburb of Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia, located 4 kilometres (2.5 mi) west of Newcastle's central business district.
Hamilton South was part of the Australian Agricultural Company's coal bearing land in inner Newcastle. When mining ceased around 1910 it was decided to create a prestigious estate with an appeal to the higher end of the residential market. The suburb is characterised by late federation style housing. Examples of the design and architecture of the time still remain.
The suburb is serviced by Hamilton South Public School, established in 1933 and contains a number of parks and playing fields, including Learmonth Park, Darling Oval and Henry Park.