|1 results of 1||Open Now|
Sandy Point is a geographical formation on the southern bank of the Georges River, east of Deadmans Creek in south-west Sydney. Sandy Point is located in the Sutherland Shire, New South Wales. Many surrounding residents believe Sandy Point is not part of the Sutherland Shire, however the residents of Sandy Point pay Sutherland Shire Council rates, along with having the bins collected by Sutherland Shire, and newspapers delivered making it part of this Council. An article from the Sutherland Shire website can confirm that Sandy Point does in fact belong to the Sutherland Shire, along with a map from the Sutherland Shire Council's website.
The Sandy Point estate was created in 1925 and it was later adopted as the suburb’s name. Sandy Point only consists of three streets; St George Crescent, Bingara Drive and Gambier Avenue.
Sandy Point has a Community Hall with squash courts and dancing classes, a Sandy Point Rural Fire Brigade Fire Station, local bus stop, and a park with a playground.
The south-western Sydney suburb is surrounded by bushland in the National Park which is a popular destination for bushwalkers.
Local residents worked together to create a community mural which is now on display at the Community Hall entrance.