|1 results of 1||Open Now|
Wurrumiyanga (), formerly Nguiu (; locally [ˈŋuju]), is a community on the southern coast of Bathurst Island, Northern Territory, Australia.
Nguiu was founded in 1911 as a Catholic mission by Francis Xavier Gsell.
In 2010 Nguiu was renamed Wurrumiyanga, meaning the place where the cycads grow, by the Tiwi Land Council.
Nguiu Post Office opened on 3 June 1974 as the first office on Bathurst Island.