|1 results of 1||Open Now|
Black Rock (formerly known as Dalton) is a hamlet in South Australia on the Black Rock Plains at the intersection of the south-north RM Williams Way (B80) between Jamestown and Orroroo and the west-east Wilmington–Ucolta Road (B56) to Peterborough, in the Mid North section of the state.
It is also the site (and name of) a former railway siding on the now removed Peterborough–Quorn railway line.
Located 19 km south east of Orroroo, the town was originally laid out as "Dalton" and proclaimed on 15 December 1881. It is named after a nearby hill identified by Captain E C Frome in 1842. The town was renamed "Black Rock" in 1940