|1 results of 1||Open Now|
Merna Mora Station also known as Mern Merna is a pastoral lease that currently operates as a sheep station, cattle station, and tourism venture in the Flinders Ranges of South Australia.
The property encompasses the very top of Wilpena Pound and goes as far west as Lake Torrens, and north to Beltana in the central Flinders Ranges.It is about 38 kilometres (24 mi) north of Hawker and 57 kilometres (35 mi) south west of Blinman.
The Station is composed of a variety of hilly ranges, sandhills and clay plains country, with intermediate to large grass valleys, slopes and flats. Feed available to stock include black oak, Acacia, bullock bush, and other edible shrubs. Grasses include wallaby, windmill, millet, button, buffel, Bindeyi and Rootgrasses. The property has some permanent springs as well as 83 bores and is bisected by the Central Australia Railway.The property currently occupies an area of 290,000 acres (453 sq mi; 1,174 km2) and also offers tourist accommodation. The property has been owned by the Fels family since 1886 over five generations and in 1986 they opened up the property to tourists. The Fels family are extremely accomplished bushmen due to long establishment in the outback.
The property was established in 1886 and was the site of the original Blinman mine which helped to establish the area.J. A. Fels sold off A 4,000 acres (1,619 ha) portion of the property in 1905. The section had two wells and had not been stocked for three years at the time of sale.In 1949 the property had been placed on the market by P.
|Our new tool powered by|