|1 results of 1||Open Now|
Palmer is a town just east of the Adelaide Hills region of South Australia along the Adelaide-Mannum Road, 70 kilometres east-north-east of the state capital, Adelaide and 15 km west-north-west of Mannum (34°51′S 139°9′E). It is located in the Mid Murray Council local government area. At the 2006 census, Palmer had a population of 329.Palmer lay on the western confine of the Ngaralta. Earlier known as "Reedy Creek", the town was named after Colonel George Palmer, a South Australian Colonisation Commissioner. It was settled in the 1860s as a mining and agricultural settlement.
At the ABS 2001 census, Palmer had a population of 305 people living in 124 dwellings.
Palmer has a primary school, a general store, hotel and a Lutheran Church
of which Carl Heinrich Loessel was the first pastor, from 22 May 1869 before the church was built, succeeded by the long-serving Pastor Kuss.There are some nearby rock formations.