|1 results of 1||Open Now|
Penfield is a northern suburb of Adelaide, South Australia, in the City of Playford.
William Penfold, one of the first settlers in the area, subdivided land he had bought in the Hundred of Munno Para in 1856 to create the township of Penfield. The area was commonly known as Peachey Belt or Peachy Belt. The boundaries have changed over the years, the original township being overshadowed by the government acquisition of land immediately south of the early town centre since the 1940s for construction of military facilities such as the Penfield munitions factory. As a result much of the modern peri-urban locality of Penfield is used for industrial purposes rather than residential and the original town centre is no longer a population centre.
The remaining part of the Zoar Bible Christian Church, built in 1855, is the small cemetery.
|Our new tool powered by|