|1 results of 1||Open Now|
Port Augusta West is a suburb of Port Augusta, South Australia.
However, it has a separate early colonial history to Port Augusta, because it is on the Eyre Peninsula, while the rest of Port Augusta is on the east side of Spencer Gulf. It was not until 1926 that a bridge was built across the head of the Spencer Gulf to connect them, replacing a punt.The Corporate Town of Port Augusta West was gazetted on 6 October 1887, and only merged into the Corporate Town of Port Augusta on 28 April 1932.Port Augusta West contains the junction of the Eyre Highway (to Eyre Peninsula and Western Australia), Stuart Highway (to the Far North and Northern Territory), and Augusta Highway (to Adelaide).
|Our new tool powered by|