|1 results of 1||Open Now|
Pyap is a locality in the Riverland region of South Australia. It is on the left (south) bank of the Murray River about 7 km downstream from Loxton. It includes both flat land near the river and higher land away from it. The environment is dry, so vineyards and orchards are irrigated from the river. It lies on the Kingston Road from Loxton, at the junction with the Stott Highway towards Swan Reach.
Pyap was first settled as a Village Settlement in March 1894 with 94 members and 187 children on 9,145 acres (3,700 ha) and a total population of 388. The founding chairman was A. H. Brocklehurst and the secretary J. W. Rawnsley.Most of the village settlers abandoned the settlement and it was sold again by the government, eventually landing with C. J. DeGaris in 1913.