|1 results of 1||Open Now|
Ward Belt (originally known as Ward's Belt) is a locality to the west of Gawler in South Australia. The area was named after James Ward and his wife, who arrived in South Australia in the Olivia in 1853. The area is predominantly used for grain, beef and sheep farming.
When the Max Fatchen Expressway was completed in 2011, it divided Buchfelde so the portion north of the expressway was reassigned to Ward Belt. This included the area of the Gawler Aerodrome which was formerly in Buchfelde but is now in Ward Belt.