|1 results of 1||Open Now|
Ansons Bay is the name of both a geographical feature and a small township on the extreme north-east coast of Tasmania. For much of the 20th century the timber industry was predominant but it is now mostly involved in fishing and tourism. The Ansons Bay postcode was changed from 7216 to 7264 in 2009 because the mail service is now via Gladstone rather than St Helens.
Ansons Bay Receiving House (a private post office) opened on 15 December 1913 and closed around 1917.