|1 results of 1||Open Now|
Barnes Bay is both a geographical feature and a small township near the northern end of Bruny Island, Tasmania. During the early 19th century it was a centre for the firewood trade to Hobart and later the fruit industry, mostly apples and pears. It is now mostly a centre for the tourist industry and light grazing.
Barnes Bay Post Office opened on 20 October 1851 and closed in 1969 (though known as Kelly's Point from 1853 until 1906).
During the 1919 influenza epidemic Barnes Bay was used as a quarantine location for putting infected passengers off ships